Last Update: May 2018
“Sachs Media,” “we,” “our,” or “us” means the Sachs Media family of companies including Sachs Media, its current and future affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, and any successors. “You,” “User(s),” and similar words means the individual accessing this Site; and also means any other person or entity on whose behalf you are using this Site.
NOTE: There may be additional or different privacy terms associated with our specific products and services. Such terms will be described in the additional contractual terms regarding your access to such specific products and/or services.
What is public information and how is it collected and used?
Public information is information that is publicly known, or information that cannot identify you as an individual person. Because this information cannot identify you or be tied to you personally in any way, there are no restrictions on the ways that we can use or share such public information.
What is private information and how is it collected?
Private information is information that identifies you as an individual, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, mobile/telephone number, social media account, which you give us in connection with your access to this Site. We may collect private information from you in a variety of ways when you fill out an online form or “contact us” page or take a similar action on our website to contact us or send us information about you. We may supplement this with information from publicly available sources including voter registration and other government databases.
Why does Sachs Media use “cookies” and other tracking technologies?
• Passive information collection technologies can make your use of our Site easier by allowing us to provide better service, customize your Site experience, compile statistics, analyze trends, and otherwise administer and improve the Site. Certain features of our Site may not work without use of passive information collection technologies.
• You can also learn more about cookies by visiting allaboutcookies.org.
What types of cookies and other tracking technologies does Sachs Media use?
• This Site uses “session” cookies. Session cookies are temporary bits of information that are erased once you exit your web browser window or otherwise turn your computer off. Session cookies are used, for example, to improve navigation on our Site, and to collect aggregated statistical information.
• Sachs Media may use “persistent” cookies. Persistent cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of purposes, such as helping to determine what areas of the web site visitors find most valuable, and customizing the web site based on your preferences on an ongoing basis. Persistent cookies placed by this site on your computer may hold personally identifiable information, but only if you have registered or have otherwise consented to the retention of personally identifiable information you have provided at the site. Otherwise our site’s server only knows that an unidentified visitor with your cookies has returned to the site.
• Sachs Media may, now or in the future, use “web beacons” (also known as internet tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, and invisible GIFs) A web beacon is a tiny graphic on a web page or in an e-mail message that is used to track pages viewed or messages opened. Web beacons tell the web site server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor’s computer. Web beacons may be placed on online advertisements that bring people to our site and on different pages of our site. Web beacons provide us with information on how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted.
• Sachs Media’s Site may use certain Google Analytics Advertising Display Features, which collect information through cookies. If you would like to opt-out of having your data used by these cookies, please use the Google Analytics opt-out.
• Sachs Media may, now or in the future, engage in certain interest-based advertising. The Digital Advertising Alliance maintains a web site where consumers can opt out from receiving interest-based advertising from some or all of the network advertising companies participating in the program (AboutAds.info/choices).
How does Sachs Media use private information?
We may keep and use private information we collect from or about you to provide you with access to the Site or other products or services, to respond to your requests, to fulfill communicate with you, to contact you with information that might be of interest to you, including information about products and services of ours and of others, or ask for your opinion about our services, the products of others, or public news and issues, for record keeping and analytical purposes and to research, develop and improve programs, products, services and Site content, to operate our businesses, and for legal compliance. Private information collected online may be combined with information you provide to us through other sources or information we obtain from other sources. We may also remove your private identifiers (your name, e-mail address, address, etc). In this case, you would no longer be identified as a single unique individual. Once we have de-identified information, it is no longer private information and we may treat it like other public information. Finally, we may use your private information to protect our rights or property, or to protect someone’s health, safety or welfare, and to comply with a law or regulation, court order or other legal process.
Does Sachs Media share private information with others?
How is private information used for communications?
We may contact you periodically by e-mail, social media, mail, or mobile/telephone. In addition, some of the features on the Site may allow you to communicate with us using an online form. If your communication requests a response from us, we may send you a response via e-mail and/or any other communication method for which you provide us with contact information. You also agree and consent that we may contact you through any contact information provided by you to us, including but not limited to: email, text message, telephone, mobile phone, social media account, postal service, or any similar method.
How is private information secured?
We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect privately-identifiable information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized personnel and third party vendors have access to your private information, and these employees and vendors are required to treat this information as confidential. Despite these precautions, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your private information. Sachs Media is not responsible for the illegal actions of unrelated third parties (such as criminal hackers).
How can a user access, change, and/or delete private information?
You may access, correct, update, and/or delete any private personally-identifiable information that you submit to the Site. To do so, please either follow the instructions on the page of the Site on which you have provided such information or contact us.
What about Children’s Privacy Rights?
We will not intentionally collect any private information (such as a child’s name or email address) from children under the age of 13. If you think that we have collected private information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us.
What are my communication opt-out choices?
As required by law, most of the communications we send to you, such as an email or text, will provide an opt-out mechanism within the message, if you do not wish to receive similar communications.
Do Not Track Disclosure. This Site does not monitor for or behave differently if your computer transmits a “do not track” or similar beacon or message.
California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us.
Where is my data processed?
Rules for Outside-U.S. Visitors. Sachs Media is located in the United States. By providing any information to this Site, all users, including without limitation users in the member states of the European Union, consent to the collection, storage, forward transfer, and processing of such information in the United States of America. For our customers who are located in the European Economic Area, if we will process personal data on your behalf. You may have additional rights regarding access, removal and similar matters concerning your personal information.
What happens if the policies change?
What is Sachs Media’s full contact information?