Sachs Media Group6 February
In 2012, there were approximately 700,000 children without health insurance in Florida, many of whom were eligible for subsided coverage. By 2016, the number of uninsured children in the state had fallen to 283,000, a historic all-time low. During this time period, Sachs Media Group worked with the Florida Healthy Kids Corporation to implement an integrated campaign to educate families about the State of Florida’s KidCare health insurance program. With input from the Corporation and grantees, we created a tagline and brand for Florida KidCare: “Kids Oughta Be Covered.”
We coordinated a themed photo shoot and developed materials to match. We designed print and digital ads, coloring books in English, Spanish, and Creole, award-winning designs of their annual reports, critical legislative handouts, and HTML emails in English, Spanish, and Creole. We also built a provider toolkit that included a branded custom box, a lapel pin, and a prescription pad.
Every back-to-school season, we promoted enrollment messaging to families living all over the state, but especially in the most uninsured counties of Palm Beach, Orange, Miami-Dade, Broward, and Hillsborough. Our year-round work included crafting advisories and press releases regarding different changes or announcements, coordinating press conferences, placing guest articles, and pitching and monitoring media. Among our proudest efforts is an award-winning op-ed series timed with Children’s Week at the Capitol in late January 2016. We placed op-ed articles by six board members in outlets across the state calling on lawmakers, community leaders, and parents to put children’s health at top priority.
Throughout the five years we served Florida Healthy Kids, we scripted and produced 30-second radio spots, and coordinated a range of advertising buys, for their busy back-to-school season, including social/digital, broadcast radio, streaming radio, billboards, and transit shelters. Our team created and managed content and advertising on social media platforms. We also developed and launched the Florida KidCare mobile app. In order to provide material for partnership meetings, we scripted and developed a short animated web video in English and Spanish.
From 2012 through 2016, the number of uninsured children in Florida decreased by nearly 60 percent. We are proud to have played a role in this great outcome. The campaign’s momentum will continue to educate more families about affordable health insurance options for their children and help build a healthier Florida.
ADDITIONAL ACHIEVED IMPACT & AWARDS:
- Florida is one of four states in the nation that saw the greatest decline in uninsured children from 2013 (11.1%) to 2015 (6.9%)
- Drove more than 9,000 KidCare application submissions
- 2016 Florida Public Relations Association Capital Chapter Image Award: “Children’s Week Op-ed Series”
- 2016 Florida Public Relations Association Golden Image Award: “Online Promotion”
- 2016 Florida Public Relations Association Capital Chapter Image Award of Distinction: “Online Promotion”
- 2014 Florida Public Relations Association Capital Chapter Image Award of Distinction: “Annual Report “
- 2014 Florida Public Relations Association Capital Chapter Image Award: “Back-to-School Campaign”