Sachs Media, one of Ragan’s 2021 Top Places To Work, is seeking a high-energy, skilled, and proven Public Affairs Senior Account Executive to join our team! You will work with a dynamic team of professionals to implement client projects and campaigns that will help shape Florida, while serving as the point of contact for both senior-level executives and clients.
As PRNEWS Agency Elite Top-100 honoree and three-time winner of FPRA’s All-Florida Grand Golden Image Award, Sachs Media serves a wide range of clients in a diverse array of industries/sectors, including health care, environment, education, law/justice, nonprofit, and associations, and more. We offer a workplace that champions its employees, cultivates a culture that thrives on diverse ideas and backgrounds, and supports professional and the well-being of our staff.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is a strong writer, communicates effectively, and responds appropriately to the ever-changing developments that naturally arise when working on high-stakes issues. The Sachs Media PA division embraces a team-based approach to ensure that each client receives top-notch service. Successful applicants will be expected to seamlessly work with our entire team to achieve each client’s communication objectives. Previous experience in government, health care, environment, crisis management, thought leadership, and media relations is a plus.
Required: Four-year degree in public relations, journalism, political science, communications, or a related field. Must have at least three years of PR agency or corporate/government PR experience (including internships).
The ideal candidate:
- Embraces a quick-thinking, results-oriented mindset that can achieve major outcomes for our clients.
- Confidently adds value to discussions with clients and peers and has a strong understanding of and interest in Florida’s unique political landscape.
- Demonstrates the ability to work across several client teams and be considered proficient in writing, pitching, research, and project management.
- Nimbly manages multiple accounts and projects, supporting various client and team activities.
- Regularly interacts professionally with clients and other key stakeholders while creating and executing communications plans and strategies.
- Has a keen eye for design and professional-looking communications, and can create reports, written materials, and website content in a high-quality and quick manner.
- Ensures and maintains a high standard of excellence in all work produced.
- Manages relationships with clients and co-workers with a high degree of professionalism.
- Assigns work to interns and other staffers as part of a larger team.
- Works with a high degree of autonomy with clients and members of account teams to conceptualize and produce deliverables that meet their needs with minimal need for revision.
- Creates thoughtful media intelligence reports, clean and professional summaries of work competed, and campaign measurements/analytics to Agency leadership and clients.
- Tracks work to meet deadlines and to ensure proper billing as work is completed.
- Proficiently uses firm’s software platforms including Muck Rack, Mention, TVEyes, Zoom, etc.
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze data and extract the most salient points to provide important audience or market insights.
- Demonstrates strong writing skills and understanding of subject matter to draft press releases, communication plans, speaking points, social media content, summaries, etc.
- Engages in effective media relations, outreach and pitching, results tracking, and creation and use of media lists and editorial calendars.
- Coordinates and interacts with various media resources and contacts in real time on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Effectively presents, promotes, and defends all Agency work proposals to clients.
- Remains current on trends in public relations and communications.
- Must have at least three years of PR agency or corporate/government PR experience (including internships).
- Tallahassee, Florida
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health & Dental insurance
- Health care spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- 401K Match
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Flexible schedule
- Paid professional development
- Family work culture