accesso, the premier technology solutions provider to the global attractions and leisure industry, today announced that it has signed a three-year extension to its existing agreement with Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a leader in regional amusement parks, water parks and active entertainment, to continue providing ticketing and eCommerce solutions for the operator’s venues across North America.
The extended agreement means Cedar Fair will continue to leverage the accesso Passport® ticketing suite for online and mobile sales of tickets, passes and other items.
“Our relationship with Accesso has enabled us to offer our guests a seamless shopping experience as they plan their visit to our parks, while enabling strategic growth drivers like dynamic pricing and advance purchase commitment,” said Matt Ouimet, president and CEO of Cedar Fair.
“Cedar Fair is a tremendous example of how the Accesso technology can improve capital and expense productivity while helping drive significant growth and business results,” said Tom Burnet, accesso CEO. “It’s a privilege to partner with an operator with such a sharp focus towards online and mobile commerce and to see how that leads to improved advance purchase commitments and improved in-park spending.”
About accesso® Technology Group
accesso (AIM: ACSO) is the premier technology solutions provider to the global attractions and leisure industry. Our patented and award-winning technology solutions drive increased revenue for attraction operators whilst improving the guest experience.
Our solutions add value to operators at every point of the guest experience with our technology facilitating the key points of contact with their many millions of guests.
- We drive attendance: The accesso Passport® and ShoWare™ ticketing suites are comprehensive, easy-to-use cloud solutions that process tens of millions of tickets every year for assigned seat and general admission venues, enabling operators to maximize up-sell and cross-sell with ease to drive greater revenue.
- We handle payments: Our payment gateway carries level 1 PCI security certification and 24/7 support. It provides the tools, security and support operators need to drive sales and has so far processed more than $5 billion in transactions.
- We take guests out of line: Since 2001 more than 10 million guests have used a patented accesso LoQueueSM solution to queue less, ride more, enjoy a better experience and increase in-attraction spend.
- We simplify point-of-sale: Our Siriusware™ point-of-sale solution offers software modules that combine ticketing, membership, retail, food/beverage transactions, rentals, credit card processing and many other functions into a single system eliminating the need for separate systems and databases.
- We increase engagement: accesso enables operators to engage more deeply and profitably with guests: pre-sale, in-attraction or post-visit. Our mobile apps have provided millions of guests with rich iOS and Android content to better plan their visit, buy their ticket on-the-go and unlock new experiences within an attraction.
More than 900 attractions and venues worldwide currently employ accesso technology – from theme parks, water parks, cultural attractions, live performance venues and sporting events to ski and snow parks. We are proud that our solutions are trusted by the majority of the leading names in the leisure industry, including Six Flags Entertainment, Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, Merlin Entertainments, International Speedway Corporation, Palace Entertainment, Compagnie des Alpes, and Herschend Family Entertainment.
accesso is a public company, listed on AIM: a market operated by the London Stock Exchange. For more information visit: www.accesso.com.
About Cedar Fair
Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (NYSE:FUN) is a publicly traded partnership headquartered in Sandusky, Ohio, and one of the largest regional amusement-resort operators in the world. The Company owns and operates 11 amusement parks, three outdoor water parks, one indoor water park and five hotels. Its parks are located in Ohio, California, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Missouri, Michigan, and Toronto, Ontario. Cedar Fair also operates the Gilroy Gardens Family Theme Park in California under a management contract. Cedar Fair’s flagship park, Cedar Point, has been consistently voted one of the “Best Amusement Parks in the World” in a prestigious annual poll conducted by Amusement Today newspaper.